Saturday, June 21, 2014

Land of the Free and The Home of the Brave

Lady Liberty


Shortly after departing the hotel, we got to the security point check-in for Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. At Liberty Island, I learned that the Statue of Liberty is bigger in person than seen in the distance. I took many pictures with my group and then went to Ellis Island. While there, I learned that the living conditions that immigrants had to face were scarce, and horrible. I saw pictures of crowed people in a dorm room, filled to the max, with many immigrants left without a bed. In New York, I saw Little Italy and Chinatown with a tour guide named Eric. While on the tour, I learned that New York City has some of the oldest and busiest streets in America. After the tour was over, my group went with another group to find a place to eat in Little Italy, ending up at a Pizzeria. The meal was good. My group ordered a Mozzerella Pepperoni Pizza, and had Gelatto for dessert. The pizza was good, until the wind blew an umbrella over, which spilled a cold jug of ice water all over me! Being in the hot sun I dried off quickly. I decided to look in a shop, and saw a nice iPod case that cost $30. I didn’t want to pay that much, so I told the cashier that I didn’t have enough money for it until I got it down to $22. This case can charge an iPod if properly turned on. Overall, today was a nice day and the trip has been fun.

--Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment