Saturday, June 21, 2014

Thoughts on Day Two

As soon as I woke up, I knew that I would be busy today. Seeing that my team was assigned to bag lunch duty, we knew we had a lot to do. At 5:00 that morning, we started off the day by making 47 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the tour- a challenging but very entertaining chore. After breakfast we were on our way to the ferry ports. On the way there we saw so many beautiful things, not to mention boarding the ferry and taking off across the Hudson River. We visited Liberty Island and actually saw the Statue of Liberty in person! Following that, we visited everything from Ellis Island to Chinatown all in that short period of time. Everything was so incredible, and I have to say I particularly enjoyed our walk through New York. Battery Park, Broadway, and Wall Street were our biggest stops. We ended the busy day by having a lovely dinner in Little Italy, (umbrella falling onto the table and all,) and I got to learn so much about New York’s culture and history that I can’t put it all into one post!


- Maggie





Today I woke up to a wake up call telling me to enjoy my stay at the Ramada Inn Hotel. I then realized that I was waking up to day 2 of the freedom tour! We went to Ellis Island and I saw the museum it was so cool to think that my ancestors could have come through this same place where I was standing. I was more excited to see the Statue of Liberty I took so many pictures my friends thought I was crazy. We saw the 9/11 memorial it was beautiful! And crazy to think that the Twin Towers used to be there. We toured Chinatown and ate in Little Italy. Today I will never forget-- I made so many great memories.

-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment